Wednesday 6 April 2011

Glasgow Artists - Amy Macdonald

Glasgow is very proud of their hometown artists, one of which being Amy Macdonald. Amy is a singer/songwriter from Glasgow who came to fame in 2007 with the album “This is the Life”.

Amy taught herself how to play guitar and was singing in pubs in Glasgow at just 15, hard to believe she has come so far as to beat the famous Adele in the Germany Echo Awards for Best International Female.

Amy played in the O2 ABC in Glasgow, I was not able to get a ticket however I did wait around outside the venue to speak to a few who attended. One 1st year student, Iona MacMillan raved about the concert saying,
“She’s even better live than she is recorded, anyone can laugh at me all they want for liking Amy Macdonald but she is amazing”



She wasn’t the only one, one 4th year student that I talked to, Caolan Davis said,
“If I’m honest I only came to chum my friend to the concert and I didn’t need to pay for the ticket, but it’s been a while since I enjoyed a gig as much as that one”

One of Glasgow’s most famous artists, she continues to perform here in some the most famous venues where she gathers a crowd almost as big as artists such as Lifehouse and Eliza Dolittle.

For anyone who hasn’t heard the artist check out the video below to see some of Glasgow’s best talent.


No comments:

Post a Comment