Tuesday 5 April 2011

Not Just The Big Venues That Make Great Music

One thing Glasgow does not lack is bars/pubs, and one thing the bars/pubs don’t lack is live music. From the more famous ones I’ve mentioned such as King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut, to the more intimate ones such as Sloans, or my favourite Waxy O’Connor’s.

Waxy O’Connor’s is famous for their live band every Friday from 5pm, a regular place I like to go the music ranges from Irish traditional to the current favourites. The atmosphere in Waxy’s is great and although the venue is very big with 6 different bars, you still get the sense that you are in a small homely pub.

Waxy’s is a place I like to go however I have been talking to others who like to tell me their favourites, this proved to me how many options there where in Glasgow to get involved in music. This student is one example of a group that I spoke to.

4th year student, 22:
“I like to go to the Ceilidh in Sloans pub every Friday. It might sound stupid but I like it because it’s something different and the music is actually really good.”


However if you want live music in a casual setting you are better of visiting one of Glasgow small pubs just like Waxy O’Connor’s. The biggest venues in Glasgow are not the only places that make great music.

No comments:

Post a Comment